1.Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, PROCESSING, TRANSFER AND USE OF YOUR AND/OR YOUR WEBSITE END-USERS’ PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR AND/OR YOUR WEBSITE END-USERS’ PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THAT SUCH INFORMATION IS VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED TO US.
2.Which information we may collect on our Users and their Website End-Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users and/or their Website End-Users:
a.Non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User and/or Website End-User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User and/or Website End-User, and which is available to us while a User is entering into and/or using the Site and/or Services and/or while your Website End-Users use the Widget via your website. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the Site and/or Services, the activity of your Website End-User on your website, type of operating system, User’s ‘click-stream’ or searches on the Site and/or Services and Website End-User’s ‘click stream’ or searches on your website, type and version of browser, keyboard language, screen resolution, etc.
b.Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature. Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided consciously and voluntarily by the User and/or your Website End-User.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
- Users of the Site automatically provide their IP address (or Mac Address, if applicable) mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geo-location and security purposes as further detailed below. Please note that we do not gather IP addresses of your Website End-Users or their contact information from your website.
- Personal Information is collected from the details the User provides when opening an Account and signs up to the Services, which may consist of the User’s full name, e-mail address, mobile phone-number and password.
- Personal Information is collected from the details Your Website End-Users may provide us when sending us a Feedback through the “Send Feedback” feature via your website (which embeds our Widget), which may consist of the Website End-User’s full name, e-mail address, country, mobile phone-number and any text the Website End-User wishes to insert into the “explain your problem” box.
- The Personal Information is collected from the details the Users provide in the Contact Us, Getting Started or Press Inquiry Forms on the Site (the “Contact Forms”), which include, inter alia, the User’s full name, company/organization name, his/her e-mail address and telephone number. The User can optionally provide via the Contact Forms any text he/she wishes to insert into the “message box”. Once your contact details are received by us, our representative will contact you for further communication. Our representative may collect additional Personal Information from you.
3.How Do We Collect Information on Our Users and their Website End-Users?
There are a few methods that we use:
a.Information we collect on our Users:
b.Information we collect on your Website End-Users:
- We collect information through your entry and use of the Site and/or Services. In other words, when you are using the Site and/or Services, we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage.
- We collect information which you decide to provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information when you contact us through the Contact Forms.
- We collect information through your Website End-Users’ use of your website. In other words, when your Website End-Users use your website and the Widget, we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage.
- We collect information which your Website End-Users decide to provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information when your Website End-Users contact us through the “Send Feedback” property via the Widget on your website.
We may gather, collect and store such information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
4.What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
Users’ Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our Site and Services.
- Enhance the User’s experience while using the Site and/or Services.
Your Website End-Users’ Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Verify the User’s identity when he/she signs in to the Services;
- Enable the operation of the Service;
- Provide Users who subscribed to our Newsletter Subscription with updates about our developments, new offerings, news regarding the Services, to send you with commercial material, etc. via e-mail, SMS or otherwise (in some cases, we may require to obtain your separate and explicit consent to send this type of mailing). You have the right to opt-out of marketing messages at any time by following the instructions in such message or by contacting us at: [email protected] or alternatively follow the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the message transmitted to you;
- Keep the Services and/or Site safe and secured and for prevention of fraud and crime;
- Comply with our legal obligations and in order to be able to protect our rights and legitimate interests, including in order to improve the Services;
- Enable payment through our third party Online Payment Processors. Please note that we do not collect and store credit card or other financial information;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Provide and personalize our Services to our Users;
- Provide the Users with commercial materials, updates about EqualWeb’s developments, new offerings, research or news regarding the Site and Services, etc.;
- Contact Users for marketing and sales purposes;
- Provide Users with updated information regarding our products and services;
- Be able to contact Users for the purpose of providing them with technical assistance and in order to provide them the Services; and
- Determine general geolocation information (i.e., country) from which the User’s computer is connected to the Internet in order for us to know the general location of our Site’s Users as well as in order to safeguard our Site and Services.
- Enable us to receive Feedbacks from Website End-Users; and
- Provide and personalize our Services to your Website End-Users.
5.Sharing Information with Third Parties
Note, that we collect, hold and/or manage Personal Information through EqualWeb’s authorized third parties vendors of certain products or services (such as, hosting cloud services) (including, as applicable, their affiliates) solely and limited to providing us with such requested services, and not for any other purposes. Such vendors may be located in a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
For avoidance of doubt, EqualWeb may use Non-personal Information and transfer and disclose it to third parties at its discretion.
6.Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
Users’ Personal Information:
In any event, if for any reason you (or any person) wish to delete or modify Personal Information, please send us an e-mail with adequate detail of your request to: [email protected] and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless otherwise explicitly specified herein and/or unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes of which such Personal Information was collected, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
Aggregated and/or anonymous information derived from your use of the Site may remain on our servers indefinitely.
Please note that the laws of your local jurisdiction may provide you with certain privacy related rights, such as a right of access, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict processing, right of data portability and right to object to processing of Personal Information. If you wish to exercise such rights and find that you are unable to do so via the Site, please send us an email with adequate detail of your request to: [email protected].
Your Website End-Users’ Personal Information:
You hereby represent that you have the full right, authority and permissions to enable us to access, use, process and/or store your Website End-Users’ Personal Information in order to provide the Services. You represent that any transfer of the Website End-Users’ Personal Information to us for the purposes stipulated herein is made in accordance with any applicable privacy laws. In addition, you assume the responsibility for receiving your Website End-Users’ requests to exercise their rights under applicable privacy laws (such as, if applicable, requests with respect to deletion and modifications of their information and similar requests and handle such requests.
The Site and Services are intended for Users over the age of eighteen (18). Therefore, EqualWeb does not intend and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under this age. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under this age are not using the Site and Services.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and Services and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. The Personal Information is hosted on AWS servers which provide advanced strict security standards (both physical and logical). Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. EQUALWEB SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
9.Third Party Service Providers
10.Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
When you access or use the Site and/or Services, we and/or our third party service providers may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” or other similar technologies which store certain information on your computer or device (“Cookies”), which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features and make your experience much more convenient and effortless. We or our authorized third-party service providers may use both session cookies (which expire once you close the Site and/or Services) and persistent cookies (which stay on your system until you delete them). It is easy to disable or delete Cookies. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you disable or erase cookies, your online experience may be limited. Cookies usually store only Non-personal Information, such as the web pages you have visited, the duration of your browsing, etc. EqualWeb does not control such third party service providers.
Please note that unless you block the acceptance of cookies, the Site and/or Service will utilize cookies upon your use thereof. If you want to remove previously stored cookies, you can manually delete the cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Services from placing further cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your settings as described above. For detailed instructions regarding the blocking of cookies, please refer to your browser ‘help’, ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ section or see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Below are links to instructions regarding the blocking of Cookies on commonly used web-browsers: Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Safari.
It is possible to opt-out of having your browsing activity within the Site and/or Services recorded by performance cookies. Please note that we use Google Analytics, as our service provider in order to track Users’ activities on the Site and/or Services, including by use such services` persistent cookies. Google provides a browser-add on which allows users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites, which can be downloaded here
11.International Data Transfer
In order to provide the Site and/or Services, we transfer information collected about you and/or your Website End-Users, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service provides (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information, and you consent to such transfer of information.
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details you provided us with (including, without limitation, e-mail address and phone number) for the purpose of providing you commercial and/or non-commercial materials related to our current and/or future products and services. You may withdraw your consent by sending a written notice to EqualWeb’s e-mail address that appears in the Site or alternatively follow the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the message transmitted to you.
14.Got any Questions?
Last Revised: Jun 01, 2020